Here at CtrlShift, we believe that digital advertising can and should be better.
CtrlShifters are driven by a shared mission to make advertising truly ‘frictionless’ in a complex playing field. We do this by developing solutions that simplify the digital media ecosystem via aggregation and automation.
It is an audacious vision for an industry plagued by fragmentation and opacity but we believe that it can be done.
Our success depends heavily on a strong company culture, shaped by dedicated and creative personalities. We’re made up of passionate people from all industries and subject areas with one thing in common: the tenacity to make a difference.
Want to be a part of our journey? Read on to find out more!
We are Hiring!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly motivated, well-organized and hands-on individual with prior experience in product support, client request management, client requirements manager or software requirements and support. Additionally, the candidate will possess strong analytical skills and experience in managing and executing online media buys while ensuring they maintain the minimum acceptable ROI metrics/goals.
Working in a small team, as well as independently, the candidate will be given high levels of autonomy, but is expected to deliver quality work in a timely fashion. Depending on candidates’ qualifications and fit with our team, this role will be a senior strategist or manager-level position.
A strong inclination to learn and support new methods, procedures, software systems is a must.
- Work closely with clients using the product to troubleshoot, assist in support tickets, timely follow-ups and managing client expectations.
- Ensure that all client-reported bugs/improvements are assigned JIRA tickets; follow-up with Engineering on status and update client on the progress. Work with Head of Engineering/Product to prioritize tickets that needs immediate attention
- Ensure client usage of product, spends, ensuring issues are resolved for continuous revenue flow into the product
- Perform analysis, assist in campaign optimization and in developing strategies for meeting and exceeding client KPI’s
- Highly organised and effective management of all the implementation details associated with media campaigns
- Support, advise and assist Platform clients in digital media buys (CPM, CPC, CPA), be accountable for making profitable media buys, and completing assignments within budget and deadlines
- Focus on areas of product that could be improved by collaborating with the engineering team to troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide detailed reports of issues, challenges and support tickets to manager and other peers for effective management of client issues
- Provide the necessary service layer to ensure programmatic buying areas such as deal discovery, publisher management, supplier information and reporting is handled well and in an organised manner
- Work closely with internal stakeholders as the support team grows to be able to document, cascade and disseminate knowledge gained in supporting clients
- Work closely with product and engineering leads to achieve the SLA established for clients
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent substantial work experience strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of web analytics, and best practices for online advertising strongly preferred
- Strong campaign management skills with specific knowledge of advertising technology platforms including Demand Side Platforms, SSP’s, optimization features and 3rd party data platforms is good to have
- Meticulous with strong analytical skills and a keen interest in numbers
- Consultative, with strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to diagnose issues, create solutions, to communicate and recommend those solutions to others in an easy-to-understand format
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage expectations with a patient and friendly demeanour, regardless of circumstance
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver exceptional results
- Build models with assistance and perform exploratory analysis on The Hub’s wealth of data including campaign performance and audience data to extract valuable insights and forecasting a variety of operational metrics
- Effective partnership with engineering and platform team on building new data driven features for The Hub to improve the intelligence, automation, recommendations, and customer experience
- Work with the Data Science team members in collecting requirements, data profiling, cleansing, preparation, identifying features, selecting algorithms, building and back testing models
- Provide strong inputs into testing multiple models, with focus on improving the product features on The Hub that supports campaigns performances, and providing insights to The Hub users
- Research new algorithms and machine learning solutions for solving business problems and improving user experience
- Identify, collect, analyse, and interpret new data sets based on business requirements and generate descriptive visualizations and presentations to communicate insights, as needed
- Collaborate with a sense of ownership and urgency, advocate for experimentation-based, agile culture
- Provide on-going support for all the existing systems (ETL, data processing) for all the development lifecycles including periodic reviews, development, QA, data lineage and data quality.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target data mappings and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation), in clearly written language
- Document all work with clearly laid out frameworks, design documents, code comments and use any necessary tools internally to make sure that all work is available for peers, team mates to be able to refer and view
- PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or other quantitative fields.
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in data science, data analytics, or applied statistics
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Strong experience in R, Python, and/or other languages and frameworks appropriate for large scale analysis of data (Java/C++ is a plus)
- Knowledge of various machine learning libraries like Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, MLib etc. is a good plus but not necessary
- Experience in RESTful API design and implementation (Preferably in Python)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL, logical and physical database design
- Proficient with standard SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL and Big Data environments (Experience with Hadoop and Spark is a plus).
- Ability to work with big data and highly scalable programming experience
- Experience with Linux and AWS
- Experience with experiment design, A/B testing, and multivariate tests
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong application testing, integration, and implementation experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet changing deadlines/priorities in simultaneous projects
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills; enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- Demonstrated passion for data analysis
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau) is a good plus